Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Random Thoughts: How It'll Work


Hi Everyone! So I have a couple of announcements on how I'll be posting and updating the Random Thoughts posts here. Check it out below!


So for the Random Thoughts post, here how thing will be run for this section.

Rating: Instead of a number scale, which I dislike, I'm going to be using a recommendation level, similar to how SF Debris does his ratings outside of Star Trek. The ratings are as following:

  • Must See
    • A true classic. This episode defines the show. It usually will introduce a major part of the lore in the show or character traits which are picked up on later. Few nitpicks aside, these are the cream of the crop.
  • Recommend
    • A good outing but has one or two minor issues, such as a plot point that goes nowhere or flanderization of one of our heroes. A pretty good episode to have in a marathon, especially if it has a theme around it.
  • Fine
    • A decent episode, but has either many minor issues or a major one that can't really be ignored.  Basically any episode that has a major controversy to it.  These episode have a good value to them, and generally give you a feel of how the show works but not the best the show has to offer
  • Skip
    • These episodes are not bad necessarily, just there tends to be a lot to point out and complain about.  Not horrible to watch but they don't give you a sense of how the show works and are a poor representation of it.
  • Avoid
    • THIS EPISODE SUCKS! DO NOT WATCH! These episodes go against everything the show is about, will usually have characters act horrible out of character and can be painful to watch. No, just no!

Schedule: So given my school work and how lengthy these can be at times, I plan on only updating ever Monday,Wednesday, and Friday, and occasionally Saturday. I may post random headcanons and thought about MLP on Tuesdays and Thursday, but they won't be as substantial the normal posts. Also real life has priority over this, so I may slip up posting on time every now and then.

Episode Review Order: Completely Random! Basically I'll be reviewing/talking about which ever episode I chose to discuss at the time, usually one I have recently watched or really want to discuss. Also I am counting two-parters as one story,given that they're aired back to back, so you won't be seeing The Crystal Empire Part 1 or the Return of Harmony Part 2 here. No idea what will happen if I actually manage to get through all of them though!

Well that's all I wanted to say for the moment. See you all on Wednesday!
The fanfic is going to blow AJ's out of the water! Yay~